ArtSmart, Tandy Beal & Company’s Arts Education Program, inspires 21st century skills through art experiences with professional artist-teachers. For 2016/17, we are bringing new artists, an expanded Residency Program and our Professional Development Workshops!
ArtSmart builds on our 40 years of work with schools to ignite the imagination of both children and teachers with integrated arts education components. As Michael Watkins, former Santa Cruz School Superintendent says, “Through arts in education, students develop the creative thinking and problem solving skills that are crucial to successful life and work in the 21st century.”
ArtSmart engages young people and helps broaden their perspective and their dreams for themselves, make imaginative choices in life and bring joy to their lives. How do these ideals manifest? With award winning guest artist series for schools and the public, master classes, mentorships and community partnerships. This is what art can do. This is also long range audience development for the arts!
Through residencies, concerts, assemblies and professional development,
- Embraces a multi-arts approach through concerts and education.
- Reaches out to those without the luxury of opportunity or resources.
- Inspires the next generations with vibrant art experiences.
- Builds bridges within our community.
- Supports and develops artists and teachers.
- Uses kinesthetic learning to help language development.
- Gives teachers ways to include art in their curriculum.
- Expands partnerships.
- Demonstrates the beauty and diversity of world cultures.
- Uplifts all walks of life through the wonder of art.
If you have questions, please contact: email@example.com